How to unblock LinkedIn.com (2020)
Unblocking LinkedIn is a rather rare task, in solving which VPN services with the function to bypass lockouts on the side of the Internet provider are used. Standard VPNs may not be effective or can lead to undesirable consequences.
- A top-rated VPN for LinkedIn unblock is on the go
- Who will benefit from the combo of VPN and LinkedIn?
- How to unblock LinkedIn?
- Best VPN services to unlock LinkedIn
- Best Free VPNs for LinkedIn
As a relatively young social network, LinkedIn has many users around the world. The network brings together people from different professions. Many major changes in the lives of individuals and even large companies begin with finding information on LinkedIn.
By making an appointment or finding a potential employee, you may find yourself empty-handed or with nothing, since neither the first nor the second can be done in some countries where LinkedIn is blocked.
Therefore, you need a tool that is designed to unlock such illegally censored Internet content. The way out is known as a VPN for LinkedIn. It effectively and, most importantly, imperceptibly, unlocks linkeidin.com and makes the use of the Internet safe.
- NordVPN: The most effective VPN to circumvent censorship. It has three technologies at once, designed to ensure maximum privacy in any environment.
- Surfshark: It also has additional features to mask the use of a VPN. It is also the cheapest professional VPN service.
- ExpressVPN: Powerful and super-fast premium VPN. Without exaggeration, it can do almost everything. ExpressVPN works in most countries with censorship and, even, in some provinces of China.
- PIA: Incredibly technologically advanced VPN service with the ability to “adjust” the degree of encryption and other security-related parameters.
- CyberGhost: It works in all countries despite the lack of special camouflage technologies. Record 6000+ servers in 90 countries.
- ProtonVPN: The best free VPN for LinkedIn. It has a free plan for one of the best services focused on data protection.
- Windscribe: A free plan with a traffic limit of 10GB per month. It supports “non-standard” tunneling protocols, but I couldn’t use them.
- hide.me: It has a classic functionality, effective only with “light” locks. Connection failures are possible.
- TunnelBear: Fast free VPN with a very small monthly traffic limit.
- Hotspot Shield: It has its own Hydra protocol, but tests haven’t confirmed effectiveness in countries with VPN server blocking.
* Free VPNs are poorly suited to circumvent censorship. The technologies used by Internet providers as directed by government agencies are ahead of the capabilities of such VPNs.
If you are traveling to a country where social networks are blocked, you should consider a VPN service that can keep your usual virtual space even away from your country.
High-quality VPN for unlocking LinkedIn provides several server location options, allowing the client to choose a location in any country that he/she wants, thereby gaining access to blocked resources such as LinkedIn. For this reason, you should try the service with a large number of servers around the world. For example, ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries.
Also, social networks, even those such as LinkedIn, which unite people according to their professional interests, are at risk. Being a cautious user, you know that confidential data should not be published publicly, but when using the best VPN for LinkedIn, all your traffic will be encrypted, which means that it is protected from any third-party interception.
I note that a reliable VPN for unblocking LinkedIn doesn’t record your online activity since it doesn’t keep logs and personal data. Therefore, your level of anonymity will be qualitatively increased.
The best VPNs for unblocking LinkedIn 2020 rating are developed for your convenience while choosing one.
City delvers of some countries suffer from the inability to fully or partially use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn was blocked in Russia. In 2016, Roskomnadzor demanded that all providers block the social network. It should be noted that the agency announced the restriction of access to LinkedIn due to alleged violation of the law on the protection of personal data.
The decision was made after the consideration of the case in the Moscow City Court on November 10. Previously, the social network was available both through mobile operators and through regular Internet providers. According to a spokesman for President Putin, this measure cannot be called censorship, as the company violated the law on privacy.
The law on the transfer of personal data to the territory of Russia entered into force on September 1, 2015. Thus, LinkedIn is the first major social network that was blocked by this law. It is known that company representatives in the United States unsuccessfully requested the Russian side to unlock the network.
To get around all the difficulties that may arise with your LinkedIn account when traveling to some countries with existing Internet censorship, you need to protect your traffic with a high-quality LinkedIn VPN service.
I hope this article on VPN to unblock LinkedIn in 2020, which contains the latest data on the most valuable service providers, will help you make the appropriate decision in a short time.
But before you pay for a VPN to unblock linkedin.com, make sure that the service provides a trial version or money-back guarantee and accepts payment methods that are convenient for you, otherwise, you risk losing money and lack of protection on the Internet, which can lead to undesirable consequences.
So be safe using the services discussed in the next chapter!
I’ve selected five VPN services best suited for LinkedIn based on the test results. They are most effective for circumventing censorship in the event of blocking any site, including LinkedIn.com, both in the local networks of companies and in the case of blocking by the Internet provider.
Comparison of Key Features of LinkedIn VPN Services
(out of 10)
|Obfuscation (VPN masking)||Country selection||Price (monthly)|
- 5000+ servers in 59 countries
- Interactive map of locations
- Support of all OSs
- Up to 6 devices at a time
- Double VPN
- WireGuard (high-performance protocol)
- No Split Tunneling (select apps that bypass VPN)
NordVPN is ideally suited for any tasks involving circumvention of restrictions. The tests showed excellent efficiency in circumventing VPN blocking at the level of an Internet service provider and 100% protection of data transmitted through the network (testing was carried out using the technology of intercepting traffic from a real computer and analyzing it).
Recently, the service has introduced support of the fast and almost invisible WireGuard protocol, which makes NordVPN apps great for smartphones - now they practically don’t affect the operating time between charges.
NordVPN has a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- The perfect combination of price and quality
- Double protection
- Improved obfuscation (NoBorders mode)
- Automatic protocol selection for restricted networks
- Apps for all OS
- Unlimited number of the used devices
- No WireGuard support
Surfshark VPN service is rapidly gaining popularity among users that prefer a virtual network to bypass censorship related lockouts. There are at least three reasons for this:
- Advanced obfuscation, which makes the virtual private network really invisible to equipment tracking anonymizes.
- MultiHop technology (double VPN) for double protection.
- The lowest price among professional VPNs.
Testing of Surfshark confirmed 100% protection of transmitted and received data and addresses of visited sites, including LinkedIn.
Surfshark has a 30-days money-back guarantee.
- Premium VPN
- Super high speed and reliability
- Proven data security
- 100% no logs
- Up to 5 devices at a time
- 94 countries
- Doesn’t support obfuscation
- No cheap plans for more than one year
If you don’t live in China, then another excellent solution for unlocking linkedin.com is the ExpressVPN premium service. It surpasses competitors in maximum connection speed and is the most confidential tool for bypassing lockouts, as it is guaranteed to not log on its servers. This is confirmed by two facts at once:
- Over the 10-year history, not a single case of issuing details of user activity is known
- ExpressVPN uses diskless servers that can’t keep logs
Therefore, if the fact that VPN apps use effective, but popular VPN protocols OpenVPN and IKEv2 aren’t critical for you, and your country or organization doesn’t use VPN blocking by footprints, then ExpressVPN will become a super reliable tool to protect and bypass LinkedIn blocking.
ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Clean reputation
- High speed
- Up to 10 devices at a time
- Many advanced features (VPN settings)
- Not suitable for streaming (if the VPN will be used not only for LinkedIn)
- Smaller country selection than in top 3
Private Internet Access (PIA) is one of the Top 5 Best VPNs for LinkedIn thanks to a policy that guarantees users complete anonymity. Also, the tests confirmed the effectiveness of all the technologies that the service uses. And this is not only standard data encryption but also sending them through the VPN channel using the state-of-the-art WireGuard protocol which is characterized by the highest performance and security.
Private Internet Access has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 6000+ servers in 90 countries
- Tracking protection
- 7 devices
- Traffic flow indicator
- Split Tunneling
- May increase Windows load
- Doesn’t support obfuscation
- Doesn’t support progressive protocols
CyberGhost is primarily interesting because of a large number of servers and coverage of countries in which it has VPN locations. Thanks to more than 6,000 servers, it isn’t difficult to find an unblocked IP address, connecting through which you can unlock LinkedIn in 90-99% of cases.
The tests revealed some shortcomings when working on Windows 7 and Windows 10, especially on computers and laptops not with the most powerful processors. The CyberGhost app creates a significant processor load. This increases the temperature of its work and runs out of battery faster when working on a laptop.
CyberGhost has a 45-days money-back guarantee.
Quite often, people are looking for a free VPN that can unlock LinkedIn or any other site. However, before using the best VPN for linkedin.com, familiarize yourself with the important features of free VPN services and their apps.
Warning: Free VPNs are usually limited to free plans for full-featured paid services. This means that these VPN services are doing everything possible to enable users to purchase paid subscriptions. The most negative thing that matters in free services for unlocking LinkedIn is the limited choice of servers (tens and hundreds of times smaller than on the paid version). And therefore, these IPs in most cases are just blocked.
Unfortunately, even the best free VPN providers aren’t suitable for bypassing lockouts in countries with censorship on the Internet.
Next, I’ll enlist the 5 best VPNs that, in some cases, can be effective for accessing LinkedIn.
The best free VPN to unblock sites - ProtonVPN. It takes care of user privacy better than other services and doesn’t limit the amount of monthly traffic.
The disadvantages of free ProtonVPN are its low speed and a very limited choice of servers.
Sign up is required.
Suitable for paid use.
Free Windscribe is a good alternative to ProtonVPN for unlocking LinkedIn. The main difference is traffic limitation from 2 to 10GB per month. The size of the included traffic depends on whether you have a registration on the service website or not.
The disadvantage of free Windscribe is the presence of technologies that are potentially effective for working under strict censorship, which is completely inoperative in conditions of extremely low speed and IP address blocking.
Suitable for paid use.
If you don’t have the opportunity to provide an email for sign up or you are in a hurry, then use the hide.me a VPN service. It has a limit of 10GB per month, which is enough for using LinkedIn.com.
The disadvantages of free hide.me are connection failures at once in all locations, slow speed, and compromised IPs.
Suitable for paid use.
Free TunnelBear VPN differs from other free VPNs in a large selection of countries and high speed. But at the same time, it has a limit of only 500-1500 MB per month. This can only be enough if you use a VPN exclusively for LinkedIn and some sites without video content.
Sign up is required.
The most popular VPN service with the free Hotspot Shield plan has only one location and slow speed. It's difficult for me to explain its unprecedented popularity (more than 500,000,000 users) because it doesn’t have any advantages over other free VPNs. However, I added Hotspot Shield to the top 5 free VPN services for LinkedIn for its unlimited traffic plan.
Sign up is required.